Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: not many....

4x4 Ham Member

not many....

....4x4 hams in 4 land huh?

4x4 Ham Member Supporting Member WB7X's Avatar
    Spread the word!!

New 4x4 Ham Member Supporting Member
    I'm in Virginia, down on the Peninsula in Hampton Roads.
    Scott
    W4AFA

I'm in NC! Near Greensboro!

Scott
    AJ4ZV
    Scott- AJ4ZV

I'm in VA, hour north of Roanoke. Agree though, not too many on the eastern side.

4x4 Ham Member
    I'm in Lakeland, Fl.

OuterBanks (OBX), NC here

Central NC!!

Oops.... double sorry
    Scott- AJ4ZV

4x4 Ham Member
    Charleston, SC

New 4x4 Ham Member
    Hello all. I'm in 4 land also. Orlando, FL area. I've got an 86 CJ7 and my wife has a 93ish YJ. We're both member of the Orlando Jeep club. Unfortunately, since becoming scoutmaster of my sons troop I haven't done much Jeeping. Wow, it's been almost two years since I went to a club meeting. That will end in a few years or once he makes Eagle Scout.
    I'm not sure if I should bookmark this under Jeep or Ham ... for now it is under Ham.
    73 Alan

New 4x4 Ham Member
    I'm in North Georgia, about 40 miles northeast of Atlanta. Haven't done much offroading the last couple of years, other than when hunting/camping. However, I do a bit of HF & VHF radio in my 4x4 truck!

4x4 Ham Member
    I'm in Va Beach. KK4PVJ

I'm in Watkinsville, (right by Athens), about 1 hr east of Atlanta.
    KF4AQO

Glendale Arizona !!! Whoot Whoot!:bacon:

Quote Originally Posted by WB7X View Post
    Spread the word!!
    I agree. Sounds like you 4landers need to start spreading the word that 4x4ham.com is here. The more the merrier.

4x4 Ham Member
    Hey everyone! Virginia Beach, VA here. For the guys in Hampton Roads, what repeaters do you guys typically use? I just got my license and am excited to get on the air. Also hoping to get up into the mountains for some offloading/camping soon!

There is a Facebook Forum called All Wheel Tech…I'm trying to get the members to get off CB and at least go over to GMRS…but we'll see how that goes. Ideally I'd prefer for them to all go over to ham but that's gonna be hard to get them to do that. I'm trying to get more into it, it would help if there was another 4x4 ham guy in the Lubbock area or could join in on some of the NM/River trips they go on. I'm trying to get them in on some Colorado trips but it's a bit further for them. I'm trying…

New 4x4 Ham Member
    Hi, I just found this forum today and joined. I am in Wilmington, N. C. And have a 2006 Toyota Tacoma access cab 4x4 and I am planning to install my Icom IC 7000 in my truck. I have not been very active lately but plan on doing my install shortly and doing some mobile operation. I will post some pictures after I do my install if there is any interest. Is there anyone that has a Tacoma with their HF. installed ? I would appreciate any pictures and advise you might have on doing an install in a tacoma. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by n4hgz View Post
    Hi, I just found this forum today and joined. I am in Wilmington, N. C. And have a 2006 Toyota Tacoma access cab 4x4 and I am planning to install my Icom IC 7000 in my truck. I have not been very active lately but plan on doing my install shortly and doing some mobile operation. I will post some pictures after I do my install if there is any interest. Is there anyone that has a Tacoma with their HF. installed ? I would appreciate any pictures and advise you might have on doing an install in a tacoma. Thank you.
    Welcome to the forum! I'm in the same boat as you are, I just switched vehicles and need to figure out how to get my radios installed. Newer trucks don't leave to many options. Hope you get it all installed, if you ever come north try and contact.
    -Anthony
    KK4JUZ
    "A Truck is Only Powerful as its Driver" -ME

4x4 Ham Member Supporting Member
    On tacomaworld.com we have a thread going with tons of install pics for radios and antennas, including HF. Not a ton of hams, but more than enough info about mods for your Tacoma (a few ham related). One guy pulled down the headliner and made a custom mount for his face plate, looks really clean. When you do your install, take pics and post them here. We need more Tacomas here (tons of Jeep guys and the FJ guys are growing like rabbits, but Tacomas are were it's at)!

***Caution*** visiting TacomaWorld.com may be hazardous to the health of your wallet and relationships (other than the one with your Tacoma).

You will also find a lot of Tacomas to go wheeling with and help with mods from your area. Use this chance to convert them to hams and bring them back here.