Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Pacific Northwest

4x4 Ham Member Supporting Member Jerry's Avatar
    Hey guys, especially Ron, KF7UVH, and anyone who might be interested in meeting some of the folks from the NW Country Cousins Net (nightly from 7:00 to 9:00 on 3.968 MHz). They are having their annual picnic at the Ryderwood, WA city park from August 10th to 14th. The main times are Friday evening and all day Saturday.

Ev and I are heading over on Friday and home on Sunday so if any of you guys, especially those of you who live close, can make it we would enjoy meeting you. No time to explore back roads, but always enough time to kick tires. I expect we will drive Evelyn's Ford Escape equipped with a 706MKIIG and Ham Stick style antennas, but might bring our backroads F150 if I get around to washing it.

Ryderwood is located north of Castle Rock on the west side of I-5. Take Hwy 506 through Vader and on to Ryderwood. The picnic is open to guests and is a potluck so bring a dish or other goodies as well as enough lawn chairs for your crowd.
    Jerry
    Reading and Riding Northwest Backroads
    K7PNW

4x4 Ham Member Supporting Member Jerry's Avatar
    Oh boy! It's been over a year since anyone posted to the Pacific Northwest thread, and the last one was me! Sure wish some of the NW guys would post up.

Health issues have put a damper on my off road and backroad activities so nothing new to report in that department. The home radio shack keeps expanding, slowly, but surely. I suppose the next step will be to sell everything before we move into a retirement home...not yet...someday.

Just wanted to add my 3 cents and let anyone reading this know that the hobby is still alive and well in the Pacific Nortwest.
    Jerry
    Reading and Riding Northwest Backroads
    K7PNW