One of my 2011 goals for 4x4 Ham is to have a 4x4, ham radio, or both/combined event each month. Also, I'd like to get out the non-AZ members to start posting trail runs and other events.
So.....do you have a trail you'd like to run or an event idea? Post it here and we'll get the ball rolling.
Some ideas I have are:
Activate DM31. Camping trip to Organ Pipe NM. April sometime?
- Harqualhala Peak - However you pronounce it.
Field Day in June. TMM in the fall again.
- Upper Woodpecker trail near Florence Junction.
- Sheep Bridge/Bloody Basin Road
Pipeline Trail at Table Mesa is always fun.
- Trails south of Maricopa.
- (Devils Highway, Canyon DeChelly, Monument Valley) ??
- Meet and Eats. Just some rag chew meetups in an urban setting. Every other month or so.
- Broken Arrow trail in Sedona --Solders Pass is a nice "quick" trail too!
- Poland Junction Road up to SR261 around the back side of Mt. Union (Post #7)
- Mountain top lake near Tucson, think its Mount Lemon?
Cherry Creek Road, from where it meets Hwy 288 (just north of Globe), all the way up to Young Back way to Mt Ord Sunflower Mine
- Log Corral
- Mud Springs
- FR 401 (Cane Springs)
- 76 Ranch to Young
Doll Baby Ranch loop