Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Arizona 4x4 Ham Net

New 4x4 Ham Member
    Hi, Was going to join you tonite before I realized you're 2m and I didn't have time to get my hand held dusted off .. sorry, I'm a newbie to this group.

Administrator Supporting Member K7VZ's Avatar
    Check in tonight for the Arizona 4x4 Ham Net - A monthly net dedicated to amateur radio and the ways we use it offroad. Join us the 2nd Wednesday of each month at 8:30pm MST. http://www.4x4ham.com/showthread.php...na-4x4-Ham-Net

Join us on October 21st for our annual trip to the Titan Missile Museum to operate on the 80ft. Discone antenna. http://www.4x4ham.com/showthread.php...ial-Event-2017

Virgil K7VZ
    Virgil - K7VZ
    Offroad and on the air.

New 4x4 Ham Member
    I tried to check in using the 146.82 machine tonight for the net, ( Mingus) but you evidentally never heard me. Although I was hearing the machine fine.
    Tom WN7E

Question Accessing the Arizona Net from Utah?

Was wondering if there was a way to access the Arizona net via linked repeaters from the Utah Intertie/Snowlink into the ARA repeater system? I live up here in SLC...

...or at least listen to it on the web (Broadcastify?)

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance...
    Brad - KF6PSL
    Sandy (Salt Lake City), Utah USA
    1996 Bronco XL 5.0 (302)/E4OD Prerunner/Chase Truck

Autofab|Mastercraft|RaceRunner|Bassani|Magnaflow|H ella|General Red Letter|AmericanRacing|Yukon|EatonTT|AdvancedACS|Fo rd Racing|Accel|MSD|SONY|Kicker|Massive
    Kenwood TM-V7A (2M/440 mobile), Icom IC-W32A (2M/440 HT), Ranger RCI-2950 (10M mobile), Baofeng BF-F8HP (2M/440 HT)
    http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/...oncospeed.html

Unhappy Rimlink Access, But No MetroLink Access

...well, I checked in with the Utah VHF Society SMEs here in Utah associated with the Intertie system, and it looks like the best I can do is hit your Rimlink repeater network:

147.360 Mt. Ord
    146.140 Mt. Elden
    146.720 Greens Peak
    147.200 Pinal Peak
    442.850 Shaw Butte
    443.775 Smith Peak
    448.500 Mingus Peak

C'est la vie!
    Brad - KF6PSL
    Sandy (Salt Lake City), Utah USA
    1996 Bronco XL 5.0 (302)/E4OD Prerunner/Chase Truck

Autofab|Mastercraft|RaceRunner|Bassani|Magnaflow|H ella|General Red Letter|AmericanRacing|Yukon|EatonTT|AdvancedACS|Fo rd Racing|Accel|MSD|SONY|Kicker|Massive
    Kenwood TM-V7A (2M/440 mobile), Icom IC-W32A (2M/440 HT), Ranger RCI-2950 (10M mobile), Baofeng BF-F8HP (2M/440 HT)
    http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/...oncospeed.html

Check in tonight for the Arizona 4x4 Ham Net - A monthly net dedicated to amateur radio and the ways we use it offroad. Join us the 2nd Wednesday of each month at 8:30pm MST. http://www.4x4ham.com/showthread.php...na-4x4-Ham-Net

Join us on October 21st for our annual trip to the Titan Missile Museum to operate on the 80ft. Discone antenna. http://www.4x4ham.com/showthread.php...ial-Event-2017

Virgil K7VZ
    Virgil - K7VZ
    Offroad and on the air.

I don't plan on changing the net, but would be willing to jump on Rimlink/Intermountain Intertie before tonight's net if you wanted to give it a shot.
    Virgil - K7VZ
    Offroad and on the air.

New 4x4 Ham Member
    I second that. Wish there was echolink or on RIMlink.

4x4 Ham Member
    I wanted to check in, but a family thing had a conflicting schedule, so I'm the guy who checked in and out 3 minutes before start time.
    AA4Q

Can anyone recommend the best way to check in from Southern California?

The December 2017 net will be the last. There are no plans to continue in 2018.
    Virgil - K7VZ
    Offroad and on the air.

4x4 Ham Member Supporting Member KD7WCD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by K7VZ View Post
    The December 2017 net will be the last. There are no plans to continue in 2018.
    That's a bummer. I was just looking up the Net to try to get back into it. I'll try to make the last one.

For those who are into HF we have already started a periodic net everytime we go out to remote locations with our team. People are starting to check in from all around. MOst of us are all new to HF, except the contacts coming in from everywhere. I will aski Rick W8KO to also post the dates here in this forum if anyone wants to try HF net. Last month we had two conducted from two very remote areas in the desert. Feel free to check in to Land Ops HF net when they are scheduled.