Thread: 13 Colonies Special Event Returns July 1-7

W7AZO

13 Colonies Special Event Returns July 1-7

More...

06/20/2017
    The ninth annual 13 Colonies Special Event will take place July 1-7, with activity starting at 1300 UTC on July 1 and continuing until 0400 on July 7 (the evening of July 6 in US time zones).

Participating stations try to contact all 13 Colony Stations plus two Bonus Stations — a clean sweep, a la ARRL November Sweepstakes. Stations in each of the original 13 colonies will be on the air using 1 2 special event call signs. The bonus stations will be WM3PEN in Philadelphia and GB13COL in Durham, England.

Call signs and their respective states are K2A, New York: K2B, Virginia: K2C, Rhode Island: K2D, Connecticut: K2E, Delaware: K2F, Maryland: K2G, Georgia: K2H, Massachusetts: K2I, New Jersey: K2J, North Carolina: K2K, New Hampshire: K2L, South Carolina: K2M, Pennsylvania. Additional information is on the 13 Colonies website.

Administrator Supporting Member K7VZ's Avatar
    This starts the Saturday after Field Day. I'm off for a 4 day weekend and going to try to work the 13 colonies. The bands are going to be wide open to the east coast, right?
    Virgil - K7VZ
    Offroad and on the air.

Administrator Supporting Member K7VZ's Avatar
    I ended with 9 of the states from camp over the weekend. I was able to work 3 more once returning home, but couldn't get MD to answer me. So, I missed the clean sweep by 1. Contacts with 12 states, plus I did get the WM3PEN bonus station.
    Virgil - K7VZ
    Offroad and on the air.

4x4 Ham Member Supporting Member
    Good job!!
    Charlie - N2TFS
    '10 Wrangler JK 2 Dr | Life's short - play dirty!

TYT 9800 | Yaesu FTM-400 XDR | TYT UV-8000D | Yaesu VX-7R