Thread: Power Side Steps for the Jeep Wrangler

4x4 Ham Member Supporting Member

Power Side Steps for the Jeep Wrangler

Hello everyone, My question is; does anyone have/know someone who has the Power Side Steps for the 4DR Wranglers, if so does anyone know if they get in the way of obstacles when wheeling? Do they take away from clearance? If they get dinged will they still function? I know weird question but I don't mean bashing them on the trail, I mean like if you were to scrape them on a rock or something like that? Thanks everyone, Harry W3CCW

4x4 Ham Member Supporting Member
    Not on a JKU but my brother-in-law put them on his RAM 2500. They don't seem to sit any lower than rock sliders would when they are retracted. He's never had it off-road so I can't address getting dinged. I do recall seeing something about a $100 manufacturer rebate currently being offered so this is probably a good time to pull the trigger if you think it might work for you. He had it installed by Doetsche Off Road in Chandler. They had a good price and did a nice job on the install.
    Charlie - N2TFS
    '10 Wrangler JK 2 Dr | Life's short - play dirty!

TYT 9800 | Yaesu FTM-400 XDR | TYT UV-8000D | Yaesu VX-7R

Check out rock slide engineering. I've only read reviews on them, but they seem pretty tough compared to the power steps designed for lifted street trucks.

http://www.rockslideengineering.com