Thread: BackCountry Navigator / APRSDroid

4x4 Ham Member Supporting Member kg7els's Avatar

BackCountry Navigator / APRSDroid

For those that haven't seen the news yet, BackCountry Navigator now supports APRSDroid

https://crittermap.zendesk.com/hc/en...-the-outdoors-

4x4 Ham Member
    oh, very cool

4x4 Ham Member
    now if Gaia GPS will do the same.

I have put a feature request up on Gaia's forums requesting aprsdroid integration.

if you are willing, please let them know this would be useful for you. the more people request it the more they will take it seriously, of course. thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by K9ADV View Post
    now if Gaia GPS will do the same.

I have put a feature request up on Gaia's forums requesting aprsdroid integration.

if you are willing, please let them know this would be useful for you. the more people request it the more they will take it seriously, of course. thanks.

A great many of us from AZFJ have been trying to get Gaia to work with APRS. Have been contacting them for the past couple years. They don't seem interested in integrating it. Probably because there really isn't enough interest in it compared to other stuff.

4x4 Ham Member
    Quote Originally Posted by N6DDY View Post
    A great many of us from AZFJ have been trying to get Gaia to work with APRS. Have been contacting them for the past couple years. They don't seem interested in integrating it. Probably because there really isn't enough interest in it compared to other stuff.
    Interest can be shown by going to this feature request i made on their forum and voting for it.

https://help.gaiagps.com/hc/en-us/co...d-integration-