Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does anyone here know anything about “Land Ops”?

BTW, here's the trailer for the documentary Land Ops is producing

4x4 Ham Member Supporting Member
    Chris and the entire team did a super job of introducing Land Ops to those of us who were there. The Tuesday presentation was upbeat and informative and the Wednesday mini-op offered the perfect opportunity to get out and practice our off-road driving, comms, and nav skills. Some of us, (okey, I) need a lot more practice at navigating, and the mini-ops allowed me to see a couple different GPS and nav options put to good use.

I would like to thank Chris and all the Land Ops members who made it to Quartzfest, took the time to answer questions and gently nudge us when we strayed from the trail! I'm looking forward to joining you guys on some of your Ops in the coming year!

P.S. I heard several folks at Quartzfest ask if you guys would be back next year. Something to think about!
    Charlie - N2TFS
    '10 Wrangler JK 2 Dr | Life's short - play dirty!

TYT 9800 | Yaesu FTM-400 XDR | TYT UV-8000D | Yaesu VX-7R

4x4 Ham Member
    Are there any members, soon to be members of landops in or near the phoenix area? I would like to know more and meet some people.

4x4 Ham Member Supporting Member
    I am in Phoenix and would be happy to share my experience and the little I know. I do plan to try and get out with the Land Ops folks on some of their ops SoCal, time permitting.

From what I saw, it takes a lot of work to pull these ops together and we could certainly use a few folks with varying interests and skills willing to make it happen here in AZ. The Land Ops crew did offer to help if we want to schedule an Op with their assistance. Keeping in mind, they are coming from Calif., we might be able to meet them halfway, perhaps over in Parker, Yuma or Quartzsite if we get enough folks interested in making this happen.
    I believe they are going to send some info to Yuma for the hamfest later this month. I had a couple guys in my club ask about Land Ops and plan to do a little presentation for the club one evening. I could post up here when and where if anyone else is interested in hearing what we did in Quartzfest.
    Charlie - N2TFS
    '10 Wrangler JK 2 Dr | Life's short - play dirty!

TYT 9800 | Yaesu FTM-400 XDR | TYT UV-8000D | Yaesu VX-7R

4x4 Ham Member
    I am in glendale east of arrowhead mall. Let me know when you are available.

4x4 Ham Member
    I would like to get involved with this, how would i get involved? I did sell my suburban, didn't want to though.