This event is cross-posted from our partner club, Offroad Passport.

Note that only the first post from the original thread is shown. Click here for the full thread...

----------------------------

Saturday 11/25 to 11/26/17: After Thanksgiving Trip - Wickenburg Area.

**Easy with the possibility of moderate**
We ran some of this about a year ago and it was all easy but trail conditions can change so allow for moderate spots.

Join us as we take a series of mostly easy trails from Wickenburg, AZ to explore the Vulture Mine and other assorted mines. We will end at a natural stone arch/cave that has a great view of the valley. Vulture mine information here.

Optional Camping Saturday Night. If camping please bring some firewood.

Meet-up: 9:00am at the Wickenburg Shell Station on the US 60. 530 E Wickenburg Way, Wickenburg, AZ 85390. Link Here.

Please bring a printed ORP Waiver form.

Itinerary: We will travel from Wickenburg to the Vulture Mine. We will take about an hour to explore this former mine/ghost town. Suggested entrance donation of $10 per person. Cash only!

After this we will then drive to Big Spar mine, then to a rock house, an old miner cabin and then ending at a stone arch above the valley floor.

After we are done exploring we would like to camp near the natural stone arch. Nice dry camping locations. Those who can't camp can exit back to the wash and then to Morristown.

Additional Info:
Driver Requirement: This trail is for responsible 4x4 enthusiasts only. Newbies welcome.

Vehicle Minimums:
  • All vehicles are required to meet state legal requirements, (i.e.: current registration and insurance)
  • Have functional seat-belts for each occupant
  • Must have suitable recovery points front and rear
  • Each vehicle must have a CB Radio or a Ham Radio in good working order
  • High Clearance vehicle.
  • 31"+ aggressive all-terrain or mud-terrain tires

Vehicle Recommendations: Skid plates on important areas such as transfer-case & gas-tank, rock-rails, aftermarket differential covers.

CB Channel: 4
Ham Frequency: 146.46 MHz
Trail Leaders:

1. Bradywgn71 & kaspily
2. theksmith

Attending: **Please specify if you will camp or not**

3. Jeff & Katie